Teleology has announced the take over of 9mobile, following the successful completion of the tenure of the former Board appointed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and in fulfillment of the consequential transfer of final ownership to the new investors, Teleology Nigeria Limited.
Teleology, an investment firm led by the former MTN Nigeria chief, Adrian Wood, emerged as the preferred bidder in February 2018, following a bid process arranged by Barclays Africa, after a debt default forced Etisalat out of the country.
The company on Monday announced the constitution of a new Board of Directors for Nigerian telecommunication company, 9mobile.
The new Board of Directors are:
1. Nasiru Ado Bayero (Chairman)
2. Asega Aliga (Non Executive Director)
3. Adrian Wood (Non Executive Director)
4. Mohammed Edewor (Non Executive Director)
5. Winston Ndubueze Udeh (Non Executive Director)
6. Abdulrahman Ado (Executive Director)
7. Stephane Beuvelet (Acting Managing Director)
The company in its statement on Monday claimed that with the emergence of the board, the “long process for the acquisition of 9mobile has reached a definitive end marking the beginning of a new era for the telecommunication company.”
What Can We Expect?
Though we are not expecting a change of name but we do hope that Teleology Nig Ltd will bring something different to the table that will lure old and existing customers back to 9mobile network.